This new direction of thought brought a smile to my friend's face and he rushed back to get the chicken into my kitchen..
And that is how we decided to make Murg Korma for ourselves.(obviously by taking the recipe out of our inspiration Sanjeev kapoor ).
And after both of us had gobbled up the whole Murg Korma dish without even sharing a single bite with anyone else, better sense prevailed inside us and we decided to share the recipe to help everyone - Just in case you kill a chicken ( by mistake or even deliberately ) , you can still make it serve a useful purpose and sleep with a clear conscience.
So here we go --
Ingredients (for serving about 4 people) ---
Chicken (boneless) 600 gm
Cashew nuts ½ cup
Green chillies 2-3
Fresh Coriander leaves a few sprigs
Yogurt 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
Red Chilli powder 1 tablespoon
Coriander powder 2 tablespoons
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 tablespoons
Bay leaf 1
Green Cardamoms 4-5
Garam Masala Powder ¼ table spoon
White pepper powder ¼ table spoon
Fresh Cream 1/3 cup
- Wash,trim and cut the chicken into one inch sized cubes.
- Soak cashwenuts in three quarter cup of water for half an hour.Then grind to a smooth paste and keep them aside.
- Remove stems, wash and chop green chillies.
- Wash,dry and chop coriander leaves.
- Beat yogurt with ginger garlic paste,green chillies,red chilli powder,coriander powder and salt. Marinate chicken in this for half an hour.
Place oil, bayleaf, cloves and cardamoms in a microwave bowl and cook,uncovered on about 800 watts for 1 minute.\
- Then add to this the marinated chicken/Mix well and cook , covered in microwave on about 800 watts for 4 minutes.
- Then mix in cashewnut paste,garam masala powder and white pepper powder.Cover and cook on microwave on about 600 watts for eight minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Stir in some cream and serve hot , garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- And then the only step left is ----
Bon apetite !!!! Smakelijk eten !!!!