This post has been contributed by Tenzin Bhuthi Bhutia.
For more mouth - watering recipes, visit her blog An Ode to the Taste Buds.
1. Beef- around 3/4th of a pound
2. Cornflour- 2 tb sp
3. ginger -3/4th piece cut into small pieces
4. Garlic - 6 cloves cut into small pieces
5. Beans- cut diagonally ( you can add brocolli, carrots)
6. Onions - 1 sliced
7. Soya sauce - 1 cup
8. Chillies- 1 Sliced
9. Canola oil ( you can use peanut oil as well.)
10. Sugar - 3 large tbsp
For the Mongolian Sauce
1. In a pan , add 2tbsp of oil . As soon as it heats up then add the chopped ginger and garlic
2. As soon as the fragrance of the garlic and the ginger come through then add 1 cup of soya sauce and half cup of water. The ratio of soya sauce to water is 2:1. Next stir in the sugar and then let the sauce boil. Turn it off when the sauce reduces to half and reaches a thickish consistency
For the beef
1. Cut the beef into thin bite sized pieces and coat them with Corn flour.
2. Add some oil and when the oil heats up then fry the beef pieces till you see them turn golden brown
3. Take them out and then dry them in a tissue paper
4. Next in the same pan( no need to add extra oil) add the onions, chillies and beans. Stir fry for a minute or two.
5. Next add the beef and fry it for like 30 secs
6. Now add in the sauce to the beef
Serve it hot with rice.Until the next recipe , Keep cooking and smiling :)