I got the receipefrom the author of the yummy food blog -
An ode to taste buds
- 3 medium sized egg plant (brinjal) (to serve 3 people)
- 1 table spoon Red chilli powder
- 5 table spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
Method of preparation –
- Cut the egg – plant into circular slices. The width of each slice should be approximately the width of your little finger. Keep it aside.
- In another container, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, coriander powder, sugar and mix well in some water to make a thick paste. Then add salt to the paste and mix it once again.
- Coat the paste on both sides of the egg plant. Keep it for 15 – 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- In a shallow pan, put enough oil to submerge half the width of the egg – plant slice. Heat the oil and then put the egg – plant slices in it.
- Fry the egg – plant slices and keep turning the eggplant slices upside down from time to time to cook evenly on both sides. Also press the egg plant slices so that it keeps throwing out the extra oil it absorbs.
- When the egg – plant slices have turned a little black on both sides, you can stp cooking and start relishing the baigan bhaja . It tastes best with rice !!!